Visit: IRMA 2022 in Hamburg
We were at the IRMA 2022 fair in Hamburg to learn about the latest products and technologies on the market, talk to people with motor disabilities and to exchange ideas with associations and companies.
Florian, Ramin and Raphael, visited the "Internationale Reha- und Mobilitätsmesse für Alle" (IRMA) in Hamburg from May 5 to May 7, 2022 and admired the variety of products on the topics of inclusion, rehabilitation and mobility over the course of three days. Innovative products and services from over 130 exhibitors were on display. Visitors were offered a lot: From wheelchairs that can climb stairs, to digital systems for communication and a show with assistance dogs.
We also met with different associations of people with motor disabilities and companies to show them a prototype of the Semanux software:
- DGM Landesverband Hamburg: The German Society for Muscular Diseases in Hamburg.
- DMSG Bundesverband e.V.: The German Society for Muscular Diseases.
- Deutsche Muskelschwund-Hilfe e.V.: The German Muscular Dystrophy Aid.
- Barrierefrei Leben e.V.: The association for assistive technology consulting, dwelling adaptation and barrier-free building consultation.
- Reha Assist GmbH: Holistic personal injury management.
- Escales GmbH: The family business Escales has been committed to people with disabilities for almost 40 years and organizes the IRMA.
The reactions to our prototype were extremely positive throughout. In particular, we remain in close contact with the associations in order to be able to recruit participants for our usability study.